About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Aloha Friday

How pretty is this?   This is the view that is part of my daily morning walk when we are in Maui.   I actually have a picture of it on my treadmill as well.   There is nothing like walking along and being able to see, smell, and hear the ocean.   It truly is a place of peace. 

These are the stairs that are great at the beginning of the walk but not so fun at the end.   You see the walk is downhill for the first part until you turn around to come back.  Then its all uphill.  

The park that is along the walk.  This past January this park was flooded - keep in mind this is in Kihei (the dry part of the island).   We didn't see it but my parents did.  The water came all the way over to road.  All that was left by the time we arrived was lots of mud and red clay that resulted in the park being closed.   Amazing the damage a little bit of water can do.

G and the flowers - they almost don't look real

And if you've ever wondered what a bus stop looks like on Maui - wonder no more!   To me this is a complete crack up.   Can you see the little bench?   I have seen people sitting on these as well - wating for the bus to come by and pick them up.   What you have to love is that they are not bolted down but seem to stay next to the sign for the most part.   Some of them are painted - a project by a local school.  Truly I don't think this is something you would see on the mainland.

Here's to Friday and pau hana time!

A hui ho!

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures! I dream of the day we are all here together, the boys golfing me and you walking the beach with cocktails....love you friend..

    ReplyDelete