About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hauoli la hanau Gerry!

Today is all about my wonderful husband Gerry!  As he puts it - it's his birthday month so we are having multiple celebrations. 
  • Celebration #1: Golf with Sean at Langdon Farms - it's been a while since he has played so I was glad the weather premitted them playing the 9 holes.  The boys came over to the house when they were done (and immediately went out to the street to toss the football around) and Britt joined us for cocktails and pupus.   Later we headed over to dinner at Sinju at Bridgeport.  
  • Celebration #2:  Last night we met my parents in Woodburn at Vitality for dinner.  Interesting place - its located in a Wellness center I'm not sure how people know its there but they were full for Monday night.   Good to see them even though Roberta still can't see very well since the surgery but that is all temporary.  It's nice to meet "in the middle".
  • Celebration #3:  Tonight I will make dinner for "just us".   Steak and Lobster w/ a steamed artichoke.  Not sure about dessert yet - thinking an ice cream cake might be fun.  Still haven't gotten his presents all put together but I still have time.
  • Celebration #4:   Not sure when or where.   Maybe we can take a break from the West Linn rental remodel this weekend and catch a movie or something. 

Below are some of my favorite pics of the birthday boy:
 
Truly a favorite of mine - how cute are those two


On the ferry to Whidbey Island


Tailgating at the OSU game


In Lahaina


At a Beaver baseball game at PGE park

Another fun tidbit about his birthday is that this is the day he asked me to marry him 8 years ago.   He wanted to ask me at the exact time he was born.   Probably ranks as one of the highlights of my life.   Hard to believe its been 8 years - I guess time does really fly when you are having fun.
I am happy to have him to share the journey with.

Hauoli la hanau to my kuipo!

No comments:

Post a Comment