About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, June 27, 2011

List maker


In addition to having three yards of bark delivered this weekend I felt I had a ton of things to do.  To be honest it was a little overwhelming.   I decided to do what I do at work - make a list.  Although the list was long it helped to keep me focused on what I wanted to accomplish.  Also, if I thought of something I just added it to the list - this way I wouldn't forget and also didn't have to do it right that moment.   Did I finish everything on the list - no - but close.  Still need to polish the spoons, wash my car, and scrub the upstairs shower.  However, the one thing we did finish was the yard!   It is so pretty right now it just which makes all the hard work worth it!  I am just lucky to have a husband who will help with the process as it would be just too much for one person.

The 8 am arrival.  And can I just say you could hear this thing coming from far away.

That seems like it might be too much but I guess we will see.

The finished product!


Maple had to get her petticoat trimmed. I was tired of it dragging on the ground.   Also, I have to say I LOVE my flowers on the front porch this year.   Don't miss the potato vines at all.

My lilac bush and peonies are much happier - as is Tom the Tiki.  The bed was a MESS!  Should of taken a before picture but I think it would of been to awful to post so you will just have to trust me.  This is the bed that G found the giant snake.   Thankfully I was not there for this.  It's the third one he's seen.  Hmmmmm.....

My hanging basket seems happy as well and is growing more and more.

This is my favorite bed and the one I can see from the kitchen sink.  So peaceful. 

Don't think the weekend was just filled with hard work however.  Got a text Saturday afternoon to go over to our friends for a cocktail and games after dinner.   So we headed to the Martel's around 7:30.   The boys hit golf balls in the lower field while W and I relaxed on the back porch with a glass of Skinny Girl Margarita.  Then we went inside for strawberry shortcake and some games of Catch Phrase.   The boys won 2  out of 3 but W and I are clearly the better players - we just always end up holding the game piece at the wrong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment