About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Island

Last summer we went to Whidbey Island.  Not sure why but it seemed close enough that you could drive there and I could be by the water and try something new.   We had a wonderful time and have always wanted to go back.....and so we did.  However, this time instead of staying in an Inn we stayed in a little cottage and took the furry one.   Let's just say that we can't wait to go back again next year.   And we hope to go to the same place but stay for a week instead of 3 nights.   I guess that means we had a good time.......

The Cottage........
......was wonderful!


The View
The sunrises were amazing!   And when it was clear you could see all the way across the Saratoga Passage to the Cascades.  


The Food, The Drink, & Langley
We ate at some wonderful places!  
Homemade chicken noodle soup and salad at Pickles and the bread was wonderful as well.  Will be a new go-to on the island for us.

Tasting room in Langley for Ott & Murphy
 

 No vacation is complete without my Skinny Girl

Prima bistro is probably one of my favorite restaurants.   Had some amazing clams and G had the smores dessert which we had last year as well.
  
 This is the wonderful apple sausage corn chowder from The Braeburn in Langley.  I had a caprese sandwich to go with and it was all wonderful.


The Deck......
.....was perfect for reading, relaxing, and playing cards. 




The Beach.....
.....was serene.   I collected some fun rocks and beautiful shells to take back as a little slice of the island.  Also, found a walking stick that I had to take home.   Also accomplished one of my top ten!  I know it says ocean and technically this is the sound but I think it all counts.



The Ferry......
.....is part of the adventure.   Just a quick 20 minute ride across the sound.   It was so windy on the way over you couldn't go outside without your sunglasses getting blown off but on the way back it was more peaceful.


The Golf.....
.....you didn't really think we would go on vacation without some form of golf being mentioned did you?

This is what the refer to as pasture golf.  This place was too funny for words.  We didn't play because the day we drove out there the weather was less than ideal but I think the pictures are worth thousands of words.



The Wildlife.....
.....drove the furry one insane.   She learned a new word on this trip "bunny".  

And last but not least.....if you are looking for a vacation home word on the streets is this one is going for a good deal.   Was right next door to us so you know it has a great view.  Just needs a little TLC.....

No comments:

Post a Comment