About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Top Ten for Fall - update

So I know that technically it is still fall but it hasn't gotten about 40 degrees in days so let's face it - it's winter.

My list for Fall was here.   I did pretty well although I didn't accomplish all those that I didn't will just be put on the list for winter.

  1. Try a new restaurant (really this is my goal to do every month)
    Yes!   
    Knead and Feed - if you are ever on the island and in Coupeville this is a must stop for lunch
    Tucci - did a date night here last month.   I had some wonderful salmon and G had some great chicken.   Great little spot in LO and we heard a rumor they might be moving to Blinn's location on the lake.  That would be nice for sure as they have a great little HH.
  2. Take a cooking class 
    Nope - will move this to winter list.
  3. Clean out the flowerbeds for winter (didn't get to this last year and I paid for it in the spring)
    This I did do - and I will be much happier come the spring because of it
  4. Make something on the sewing machine
    Well you see if we are going to be perfectly honest here I kinda broke the little crafting sewing machine I bought.   The bobbin or whatever its called is all messed up so this one would be a no.  
  5. Paint the kitchen
    Forget this was on my list - dagnit.  This inspires me to do this - this week.
  6. Play cards with my husband
    Done a lot of this.   Actually played this past weekend.  In case your wondering I won the best out of three
  7. Go on a ferry ride
    Yes!  Actually went on two.   This of course makes sense.  One over and one back.  If I'd only done it once I would still be on the island and that is not a possibility at this point in my life.
  8. Make whoopie pies
    Nope - still haven't done this.   Good night I must do this for the holidays.  Thinking chocolate ones with cream cheese middles and crushed peppermint around the sides.
  9. Go wine tasting
    Yes!  Whidbey Island Winery - great little spot on the road to Langley.  Have driven by many times and we finally stopped.   It was a great little spot and of course I had to bring a couple of bottles home with me...hee hee
  10. Finish the photo wall in the family room
    This project has been yanked.  I gave up.  I just could never get it how I wanted it.   I think I am trying to do it on the wrong wall.   Now that wall needs a giant letter.....more on that another time
Stay tuned for Top Ten for Winter.  I know you are on pins and needles just waiting for it aren't you??  Ha!

In other news....I went back to work today for most of the day and G stayed home by himself.  I wasn't completely comfortable with that being all the crap he's on but he seems to be doing pretty good.  Day by day........that's how we are taking it right now.  And I'm doing my best to keep anything away from him that might stress him out.  

Merry, merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment