About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quick and Dirty

As I have mentioned before I like to take the morning on Sunday's and do as much food prep as possible for the week ahead.  Today was that day.  Going with the idea of cook once eat twice (very doable since there are only two of us) here is what I made this morning.

In the slow cooker as we speak.....

Before picture.....


Chuck roast
Large white onion - rough chop
Lipton onion soup mix
Dashs of L&P Worcestershire sauce
1/4 can of chopped tomatoes (left over from spaghetti sauce)

Throw it all in the pot on low for 6 - 8 hours.  Will serve with mashed potatoes and either green salad or spinach.

The other thing I made was spaghetti sauce.   Not from scratch mind you but with a little help



Muir Glen organic pasta sauce
1lb mild Italian pork sausage
Mushroom (no clue how many - the brown paper sack was 1/3 full)
One large white onion - medium chop
One can black olives - all sliced in half
2/3 of a can of diced tomatoes
A couple of handfuls of halved small plum tomatoes
Sprinkle or two of sugar ( as needed)
Crushed dried Italian herbs

I brown the mushrooms and then add the onions.   Remove them from the pan and then cook the pork sausage in the same pan.  Once the sausage is cooked drain the excess fat and then add back in the onion/mushroom mixture and add the olives.   The add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for a while.  Add sugar as needed.   You can add a little red wine if you have some open as well but I didn't have any open so I didn't. 

This will be dinner for Monday and Wednesday and I bet there is enough to freeze some for another night as well.

Not sure which pasta I will serve it with yet.  But will do a different one each night. 

Another post coming soon with what I did for my lunch and breakfast for this week

No comments:

Post a Comment