About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

So in news here on the ear front.   Apparently one does of antibiotics did not do the trick.  Boo.  But thank goodness the clinic (children's clinic) is open on weekends.   The yellow goo in the eyes made a speedy return on Saturday afternoon.  I called the advice nurse told her what had happened and her reply was "What time would you like to come in tomorrow".   Really no need to discuss anything.  So the boys went and played golf for Dad's birthday and my mom was the lucky winner of a trip to the clinic on the weekend.   It was busy - I was surprised.   A young couple with a newborn (you could tell by the sweet little cry coming from the car seat) and a blond lady with two children.   She was a riot.  All fixed up in her high, high, high platform cute sandals and her long blond straight hair.   Two kids - one J's age with a matching Sophie* and a 3 year old daughter who was adorable as well in her purple tutu skirt.  She was chatty which was funny for me but we were called in before we could talk a whole bunch.  It was not our normal doctor and one I had run into before and was not thrilled with.  He however was much nicer this time.  Long story short we are now on a broader spectrum antibiotic - this one is white and we only take it once a day - its a cousin to penicillin (direct quote from the pharmacist).  Nights are always a little rough until the medicine kicks in but its all worth it - every sleepless moment.   I would never trade a nights sleep for the giggles and smiles that fill the days with my precious little one.   Its all part of the game........

We all meet back at the house and had hawaiian take out and ice cream cake while my dad opened his presents.   Pictures later as I really only download pics once a month at the end of the month.   Makes it easier to do both cameras and the pics off my phone all at once.

Also, made a couple of new recipes this weekend.......

G loves pizza......and lately he loves Costco pizza (I know, I know, I know.....).   I came across this recipe for Pizza Wheels and figured why not?   It would be a nice little twist to the same old same old.  Used the pre made pizza dough from TJ's and this was a hit.  Makes a ton - would half the recipe next time as there was enough for two meals and then some for the freezer for lunches later.  Also you could do all kinds of twist on this - could do all veggie or with canadian bacon (probably wouldn't make a habit of using pepperoni.

Chili Tortellini - this was supposed to be another dish but when the chicken thawed I didn't like the look of it so we had to move onto something else this won mainly because I had all the ingrediants on hand but its simmer away on the stove right now and yum!   Its going to be perfect for the deary weather we are having this week.

Bad news.....much go back to Hillsboro tomorrow - good news.....I only have to go 3 days this week.   Outfits are picked out and I mad a broccoli slaw/chic pea bean salad for lunches so I feel ready to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment