About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

What's cooking....

Its Sunday so let the cooking begin!

This is what I am cooking to help get us through the week!

Baked Oatmeal

This is beyond delish.   I tasted it a little after it came out of the oven and let's hope there is some left for the week

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I kinda followed the recipe.  I'm not a fan of black bean so I did Pinto and I add a can of corn.   It's simmer away on the stove right now and let me tell you.....its spicy.  Not sure Pickle will be able to tolerate.

Also, going to make this later
Lazy Day Chile Rellenos
Will probably pour a little enchilada sauce over the top we will see

I also have starting cooking bean and broccoli ahead of time.   Then instead of having them hot with dinner we have them cold with a little fresh tomatoes and salad dressing.   G loves this.

Hoping for a carefree week where dinner is just kinda waiting in the fridge for a little warmth with a definite mexican flair.   We probably take the Chicken Curry Soup (which is wonderful and I will share later) out of the freezer for Thursday to add in a different.


No comments:

Post a Comment