About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Chili Relleno

This is my mom's chile relleno casserole dish.  It's perfect for dinner, lunch, or bruch.



1 cup half and half
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
3 ( 4 ounce ) cans whole green chiles
1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated
`1 ( 8 ounce ) can tomato sauce

Beat  half and half with eggs and flour until smooth.   Split open chiles, rinse out
seeds, and drain on paper towels.   Mix cheese and reserve 1/2 cup for topping.   Make
alternate layers of remaining cheese, chiles and egg mixture in deep 1 1/2 quart
casserole dish.   Pour tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
Bake in 375* oven one hour until cooed in center.   Serves 4

Changes I made....I used whole milk instead of half and half.  Afterall I have it on hand due to the pickle.  I also pour enchilada sauce on the top instead of tomatoe sauce.

This dish is a crowd pleaser for sure.   Next time I am going to maybe add more chili's and do more like three or four layers - this time I only did 2.

Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment