About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Date Night

Last weekend was a 3 day weekend and G was gone at a conference last week so this was the perfect weekend for a date night.  We are very blessed to have a great babysitter and she was available on Saturday night so off we went for a little couple time.

It was a simple date and a great little restaurant called Stickers in the Sellwood area of town.  We timed are arrival perfectly and were able to get a booth that looked out onto the street so we could watch people as they walked by.

We started with drinks (martini for me and beer for G) and some wonderful dumplings that were rolled in a wonderful coconut peanut sauce topped with scallions and cilantro.  They were heavenly!



Next I had the Pad Thai and G had Kung Pao Chicken.  Both dishes were packed full of flavor



When we were done we walked around the neighborhood - its such a great neighborhood.   We would live over there in a minute.  I don't want to live their when I work in Hillsboro however.......not thanks to that drive.   But we have looked there before and who knows what the future holds.   When we got back to our car I wondered what the people parked next to us where doing.  Oh well they full on had a glass pipe and were participating in a little known herb that is not technically legal in the state for another couple of months.....funny for me.   That's Sellwood for you.....

When we were done it wasn't time to go home yet!   We decided to head back to our neck of the woods and go to a nearby bar and listen to some live music.  The couple performing was great, low key duo - perfect night cap.

We came home and rented The Imitation Game.   Great movie and I can see why it was nominated last year for Oscars.   If you haven't seen it I recommend.

Our next date night is yet to be determined ...  maybe when we are at the beach with my parentals ... at our old stomping grounds at Salesian.

And the journey continues.....


No comments:

Post a Comment