About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Kids Menu

This last week we were on vacation at the beach and luckily my time in the kitchen was on vacation as well.  All this being said we ate out most meals.   What I have learned from this is that a "kids menu" is very limited.  Basically it is something fried w/ a side of something fried.   I know that the media is all over fast food chains and giving "healthier" options of kids and it would be nice if all restaurants followed suit.

This is what kids menus' usually have on them
  • Hamburger/Cheeseburger and fries
  • Hot dog/corn dog and fries
  • Grilled cheese and fries 
  • Chicken fingers and fries
  • Marconi & Cheese
It would be nice is there were some other options for sides such as fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, and oh I don't know maybe a vegetable?  Some of the bigger chains do this right - Applebee's is one example.  While they have the same main thing they have a variety of options to order as a side.

Also, can someone please explain to me why places that offer "kids meals" only have soda as a drink option?   And we wonder why kids are obese?   One place we go to has soda period.  Not even a sugary juice that at least I could water down - just soda.   No thank you.

Pickle doesn't eat enough to order off the grown up menu yet but he eats enough that he needs his own thing not just some of mine. I don't want to have to cook every meal for him but I also don't want him thinking that going out to eat means grilled cheese and fries..................




And the journey continues................

No comments:

Post a Comment