About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday

On Sunday's I always love to put something in the crock pot.  That way if the day gets out of hand and busy - dinner is there and ready.   I had some short ribs so did a search on my new crock pot app and found a yummy new recipe.
The fixins.  Always seems to be a good go to - carrots, celery and onion. 
The short ribs

It has fresh tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and red wine poured over.   Should be yummy and ready in about 8 hours.

Next step of the day to go to the WL rental to help out.

This is just one corner of the living room right now.   I think every tool from our garage is over there right now.   Good thing G is handy - there is plenty to do for sure.

Can you guess what I did today?   Thankfully it is a pretty easy job.   We are painting the celing and walls all the same color.   Apparaently according to the paint nazi (otherwise known as my loving husband) you must paint the ceiling first.   Sigh.   Who knew there were all these rules with painting.   I didn't get as much done as I would of liked as there is some "wall repair" that is needed before most of the house can be painted.  I did make a small dent however and will probably go back next weekend to help finish the job.

 After I stopped by Whole Paycheck to get groceries and flowers for the week I figured I should stop by the car wash.  Cannot remember the last time I washed my car but I also can't remember the last time we had more than 2 days with out rain.   It supposed to stay rain free until Friday so I took the plunge.

The plunge in progress

Came home and the house smelled great!  

Here is the finished product!  The recipe says to puree the veggies once you take the ribs out so that will be the final step.   Just waiting for G to come home. 

All in all a pretty good weekend.   Got some craft projects done as well so there is a sense of accomplishment.

Here's hoping the weatherman is right and we see some sun this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment