About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Family Room

So ever since we got the new sofa - which I had to have - I haven't been so happy w/ my family room.   Who knew such an expensive sofa could be so uncomfortable?   I think the only one that thinks its comfortable is the furry one.   Although I do have to say lately it does seem to be getting a little better.   One of the reasons I wanted this sofa (besides from the fact that it's slippcovered and I can wash it if I need to) is that I had always wanted a denim sofa.  Now I have it.  And G's has his GIANT tv and the rest of the room is just ok.   However this weekend I had a revelation!   Time for the red to go away - that was what was blocking me.   And do the whole room in what I refer to as "sea glass" tones. 


S&S Worldwide
 The plaid chair and ottoman however will need some repurposing but this I think I can handle myself.   Have I ever recovered anything before you ask?   Why no but how hard can it be (said the naive girl)?   I'm going to start w/ the ottoman.  I did some looking around on line this weekend and I think this is totally doable.   Just need to find some fabric that's not $50 a yard.   And I'm going to need a sewing machine.   I have been looking on Craig's list.  Seems there are quite a few people out there who thought they were going to be seamstresses and then changed their mind - lucky me!  I plan on doing curtains and pillows - and I will be tackling the oversized chair as well.   Of course I will be journaling it all here complete w/ pictures of successes and diasters (let's hope there aren't too many of those!).  Needless to say I am very excited about this project and getting started.   Think I need to find my fabrics before I can paint the room.   Good bye bland walls hello gorgeous color of seaglass!  

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment