About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fesslers and the front yard

This past weekend we made our annual trip to Fessler's Nursery down in Woodburn.  I love to buy the bulk of my plants from them for two reasons.  
1.   I would rather Mr. Fessler has my money then Home Depot 
2.  You seriously can't beat their prices.

I forgot to take a picture of all the flowers before I put them in the ground but the back of my ridge was full of plants. 

I'm going away from what I've done the past couple of years.  No grasses or potatoe vines....be there done that.   Instead of gone back to geranium and petunia's (which I have always swore to hate but thought I would give another chance.

Here are some after photos

Front flower bed.  Really wish we would put a tree in it but I've yet to talk G into this.
It is filled w/ black grasses from last year, 3 big dahlias, mini blue veined petunias, swan river daisy, famous purple petunias (we hope as they have not started blooming yet).  The thought is that the daisy and petunia w/ spreak and cover up most of the flower bed.   So I will be sure to post an update later.



Here's the front porch!  White geruniums, helitrope, and another small purple type flower

My huge tomatoe plants!  I got 3 of them.  Have to start out big.  Especially w/ the "spring" we've had.  There is an Early Girl, Roma, and one other that I can't remember the name of.

Another shot of the front porch from above

There were also some veggie starts & herbs that will someday - weather permitting - be planted in the back.
I did start to muck out the garden beds and have bought the compost.  Maybe some night after work this week I will get the compost in if its not raining.  They say it's going to be 70 later this week so we will see.  




2 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Fessler's, I guess it's time to check it out! I hope srping is really here at last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should Lori they are great! They specialize in fushia's. Mr Fessler has even develop some of his own variety of those.

    ReplyDelete