About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, May 16, 2011

P's Rocker

So this is an chair that has lived many places.  One being w/ me in Corvallis.  I call it P's rocker becasue of a friend of mine and whenever he came over he would always sit in this chair.   So we started to call it Phil's rocker.   It may not look like it but trust me this thing is comfortable!   Anyway I have it once again at my house but it needed some new fabric.  I thought this would be a good first project for me for my repurposing of furniture.  And sure enough it was.  Had a fun time working on this while watching one of my favorite movies Bringing Up Baby.

Before
To be fair I had already taken the top portion off (see how you can see the new fabric peaking out) but forgot to take a before picture.

Now
I will be honest that the back is not done and the top need to be finished w/ some trim.  However, I've decided that this old rocker needs fabric that is more festive!  More fun!   So although this is a nice print - and was only $6 dollars at Ikea I'm going to get something else for it.
Can you see the furry one sacked out in the background?   We had quite a morning driving all around town looking for fabric - and I mean ALL around town.

I noticed there are some knicks at bottom that I haven't decided if I will do anything about them.  This rocker is OLD!  Probably close to 100 years old.   The fabric looked brown but when I took off the trim you could see it was actually black w/ color running through it.  They don't make furniture like this anymore - they just don't and so I am ever so lucky to have this - as well as other - antique pieces that I can repurpose for the new century.


No comments:

Post a Comment