About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Clydesdales!!!

OK so one thing I love in this world and love to see whenever I can are the draft horses.  It's one of the reasons - along with the baby pigs and the red barn ice cream - I like to go to the State Fair every year.   So how excited was I when I saw on Facebook that the Budweiser Clydesdale's were going to be making an appearance!   I was pumped and put the date on my calendar.   They would be there from 4 - 6 so if I hustled out of work I could make there in time to see them.  

Mission accomplished!
The trailers were huge and there were three of them. 

How pretty is he? And I'm not even a horse person.....


Not sure if you can see it but the Budweiser symbol is on their blinders.....


How fun is he and so well behaved.   Gotta love his Budweiser necklace!


Buckets underneath the carriage and the wheels are so old fashion looking.






Here is the original Budweiser commercial that first showed the Clydesdale's - after all there isn't much you can't find on You Tube.  It doesn't say what year though.....had to be in the 70's.   And for wikipedia fun facts can be found  here


So glad I took the time to go see them.  To be honest I thought I took more pictrures.   I have a video of them on my phone.  I'll get if off there one day and post it as well.....someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment