About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last Weekend

Computer problems last weekend and just too busy to download the pictures this week so this post is a little delayed.....

Last weekend was the first of June and really the first nice weekend we have had this year - sigh - so we were excited to see it and welcomed it by BBQ'ing every night!   I love this of course because it means less cooking and less clean up for me.

Friday night G wanted hot dogs - I try and avoid hot dogs as much as possible.   I'm not saying I don't enjoy a good ol' Costco dog every once in a while or have one at a game but there are better things to have in the comfort of my home.   At this point the treadmill was still broken and I had a prescription I needed to pick up so I decided to walk down to Haggen's, pick up my px, and a little something for dinner.   As luck would have it they had salmon burgers so I picked myself up one of those along w/ a red velvet cupcake, some buns for G, and a couple of other things and headed back home.   I didn't get a picture of the salmon burger but it doesn't really matter because I won't be having it again.   The ones at Whole PayCheck are muuuccchhhh better - lesson learned.   The walk was great but I really wish I had my bike - would of made the 2 1/2 mile trek go much faster.  The cupcake was delish!   Red velvet with cream cheese frosting made me think of my friend Jackie.

 Moving onto Saturday.   Spent some time in the yard battling the weeds in the flower beds.   We didn't have time to mulch but hopefully we will next weekend if the weather holds.   Did a little more planting in the garden (pics to be posted soon) and ran to the store again to get something to BBQ for Saturday and Sunday only this time we went to Whole PayCheck.   We got a NY steak - delish!  And I made a fresh salad and G had some Texas toast on the grill.   Tasted just like summer!   Which is appropriate being it is June.   Some pics of the dinner as follows.  By the by the salad is in a salad bowl I got at Ikea that was like $5  dollars or something equally ridiculous.

I almost forgot one of the highlights of Saturday evening.   What does one deserve after a long day of working in the yard.   A nice cool and refreshing and fun cocktail!
Here's my new favorite: 
I know the picture is going the wrong way but I can't figure out how to fix that and I think it's kinda funny for the drink to be on its side.   Anywho Smirnoff Mojito cut w/ a little passion fruit Skye and some Le croix sparkling water is my new fav - delish!   A little fresh mint from the garden and you are good to go.

In other news - G was able fix my treadmill - yeah!  But I still want a bike - something like this....

via here

No comments:

Post a Comment