About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Have to say it's hard to believe that my dad is actually 77 years old!  Goodness!  It seems like yesterday we had that big party for his 50th.   There were a ton of people and a ton of food and a ton of fun.  My Uncle Sam and Uncle John even came up for the occasion.

Since I've gotten married father's day has a new twist and that is that I spend the day with my mom and my dad spends the day with my husband on the golf course.   Honestly I think its great.   I'm lucky that we all get along and that they can spend 5 hours together and have fun.  Plus there is usually a meal at the end that is shared together so I get a little time with dear old dad then.

This year they played Chehalem Glenn in Newberg while Berta and I shopped at Bridgeport.   And then we all got together for Famous Dave's BBQ at the house after.   Have to say I didn't think Dave's was that great.  And my meal was missing most of the chicken I was supposed to get so I don't think we will be going back there any time soon.  But it was fun to be together and watch Rory win the US Open.   I caved and let everyone eat on there laps in the family room so they could watch golf.   It's what the boys wanted so how could I say no on Father's day?

Just took a couple of snaps with my camera of the gift opening......


I feel blessed to have the father I do and to of had the childhood that he and my mom gave to me.  As I get older I realize not everyone was as blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment