About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chive blossom vinegar

I recently saw a great post on Food in Jars that lead me to try something fun with my chive blossoms.

Chive blossom vinegar!

Super easy.....

Pick the blossom's and soak them in water to get out all the dirt and bug's


Then just put them in a jar and cover with vinegar.
How easy is that!

And it looks so pretty!
Not sure what I will use it for yet.   It has the faintest chive/onion aroma and is a lovely color of pink.  Next time I download pictures I will take one and post the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment