About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Rise Up!

So another thing on my top ten for summer was to make homemade bread.   Check this one off as done!   Granted this was not exactly what I thought I would be doing when I wrote that one but it will work.  I found it on 101 Cookbook Blog (which I love).

The recipe....also found here
One of the many things I love about the iPad is being able to view recipes in on it.
 The Ingredients -
goodness I must pay more attention to my "background" when I take pictures.   However love it that all ingredients are local (well besides the Red Star)
 Ready to rise
 Damp cloth
 Finished product
This was so easy its silly.  I might actually make a loaf of this every week.   It's what I like to call a hearty bread.  G said he would like his slice a little thinner next time which was funny for me.  But it is perfect in the morning warmed or toasted with a little piece of cheddar.  G took his with butter and jam but I like a little protein in the am.   All in all count this one down as a success!   This inspires me to explore the world of bread making -wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment