About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Island Anniversary

Hard to believe but G and I have been married for 9 years!  Wow time does fly that's for sure.   This year for our Anniversary we decided to take a trip just us and the furry one to the Island - not the tropical one the other one.  So we went back to the same cottage we did this past summer for a full week.   Can I just say how relaxing and wonderful it was?

We stopped at Pike's market on the way up to pick up some lunch, Beechman cheese, fresh flowers and some other little things.  We sat on the deck and read our books in the sunshine.   We had wonderful meals at some old favorites as well as some new ones.  I took hour long (and sometimes longer) walks on the beach down to the ferry landing and collected treasures and took pictures.   We played cards.   We rented movies.  We drove to the other side of the island and explored new towns.    But most of all we just relaxed.

I am so grateful and lucky to have someone that I can share times like these with and who wants to share them with me as well.

Here are some pictures......warning - there are a lot
ummm wonder if we forgot anything

homemade donuts at pikes market
lunch at pikes market

making cheese at beechman's

a gift from the owners - we were their first return guests


first morning sunrise
relaxing and reading


these are in front of every house at the beach - you can tell this hasn't been used in a while




this is my friend - we will call him sam, sam the sea lion who scared me so I scared him and he ran away



spent one morning watching the airliner come into Everett - see the plane on the back?




Greenbank farm


G making friends

my new favorite town - coupeville


lunch at knead and feed - also a new favorite



deception pass - the bridge was scary!

navy base at oak harbor




bo-bo - bogey's friend who lives across the street


beyonce's cousin who lives at the Whidbey winery


No comments:

Post a Comment