About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Friday, December 2, 2011

aloha friday


via here
 So this is what Santa was to me as a child.   I was lucky enough to spend most Christmas' as a child in Honolulu so Santa as I knew it came in on an outrigger wearing board shorts.   You went down to the beach and in he came.   It all made complete sense at the time.  Never questioned where Rudolph, Donner, and the others were.   Probably figured it was too hot so he left them home.   Just seeing this picture takes me right back to Waikiki.....I can hear the waves and smell the ocean.   I wonder if they still do this.   I hope so - sometimes I think we get too caught up in being "political correct".  I hung my Mele Kalikimaka lights at my desk and someone asked me if HR had come to talk to me about taking them down.   They were kidding but geez.....I'm sure that those (and my Christmas tree) have not offended anyone and instead we can all wrap around arms around the spirit of the season and not get caught up in the details.  I know I am.  

The weekend plan is to break out the Santa's and scatter them around the house and put up the trees (yes - I do 2).  G put up the lights outside last weekend and normally I would be done decorating by now but this year I'm behind.   I promise to take pics and post them once everything is done.


Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment