About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Getting crafty

I was lucky enough to be able to take a couple of days of vacation right before the Christmas weekend.  This gave me an opportunity to do something I hadn't had the time to yet - get my craft on.  Not that I did anything huge mind you but it was fun and something I hadn't tried before.  It gave me time just to slow down and take a couple of moments to do something I enjoyed.
So.......I made some body scrub. I think this is where I got the idea - Bake at 350 .   I used a slight different version and I think this is pretty much how I did mine.  

1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/3 cup almond oil
cinnamon
nutmeg
Scoop in container with a tight fitting lid - I got mine at the Container store but there are a tons of options you could use here.

Also, when I made pickles this summer I made extras in pint jars knowing I would include them in holiday gifts.  Recipe and process found here from a post back in July.  I had some labels made as well a while back to put on anything that came from my kitchen.   They fit perfectly on the tops of the pickle jars.

I found some great little baskets at Joann's this week and put the whole thing together with some ribbon and mini ornaments I had on hand in my gift wrap stuff.

Here's some pictures of the finished projects (safe to post now that all baskets have been delivered)





I also painted part of the living room yesterday.   I LOVE the color.  Will post some pictures when its all complete.   One thing I am not good at is the part up by the ceiling.  I am lucky enough to have a husband that will come in and help me with such things. 
Today is Christmas Eve and the sun is shining with a pretty blue sky.  I think we will go have a nice lunch - perhaps at Sinju and catch a movie.   We will be on our own tonight but that is fine being that G is still recovering and I don't want any set backs.   I might just make some fondue for us for dinner and crack open a bottle of bubbly.  T&R are arriving tomorrow for Christmas dinner of Prime Rib, Asparagus, and maybe these.   For dessert we will do a variety of baked goods with some peppermint ice cream.  I've already got the table set.......

.....but more on that later.
Merry,merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment