About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Date Night

So last night G took me to an early Vday dinner.  I got to pick the place so I picked Verdict I had a massage early that day at Coldwater and wanted to stay close to home and go someplace casual. If your wondering where the name came from its right across the street from the Clackamas County Courthouse. 
via Verdict website


On the cocktail list they had Gimlets!  I forget I love gimlets but that was my drink of choice for the evening.    G had a 7 and 7.   We started with an appetizer (known here as 'Opening Statements') of hot artichoke dip served with tortilla chips and pita bread.  This was definitely homemade and was yummy and rich - couldn't finish it.   I had the Blue Cheese Sirloin and G had the Surf and Turf (turf being a skewer of shrimp).   The dinners came with soup or salad (the salad was wonderful - a heaping pile of fresh greens with cucumber, tomato, and croutons), starch (mashed, au gratin, or rice) and veggies.  G had the mashed - yum and I had the au gratin which was good the potatoes could of been cooked a smidge more but that just proved to me it was made in the kitchen.  The steaks were cooked perfectly and had a great peppercorn crust - mine had the added bonus of blue cheese.  The veggies were a fun little combination cabbage, spinach and zucchini - odd combination but it worked.   One of the best things about this place is the prices.   Both of those steak dinners were under $20 which is hard to find lets be honest. 

Let's just say we are going back.   I want to try a couple of other things on the menu and you can't beat the prices.  They also have a private room you can rent out upstairs called The Holding Cell - cute yes?   Come complete with bars on the windows.  So bottom line is you are in and around Oregon City and looking for someplace unassuming and quaint for a good little bite to eat.  Or if you've been called to Jury Duty in Clackamas I would recommend you stop in and give this place a try.dd

2 comments:

  1. ok, wouldn't the TURF be a steak and the SURF be a skewer of shrimp? did i miss something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes you are right....surf would be the shrimp....my bad

    ReplyDelete