About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heart Day Craft

Happy Heart Day to all!
Although there have been many a Valentines day that I was not thrilled about - now that I have a valentine the day does not loom.  I had a friend once who had a black party at her house on this day for all of us single girls.  It was a hoot and a fun night to make fun of it all.  I know I know its what we used to call at "N" as a hallmark holiday.   But I now consider it a fun day to do a little something for those in your life - husband included.  G is coming out to take me lunch today and then tonight I will make us a dinner of steak and lobster with aspargus (its what we have every year for the last 10 years).  Thinking our new tradition for the next 10 years should be chinese take out.

When I was at Bridgeport this weekend I stopped by Paper Source a great stationary store to get some ideas about another project I have in the works but more on that another time.  I came across flat enevelopes that you can put together and some reds hearts and my Vday craft was born.  Super simple and hopefully brought a smile to my girls faces when they arrived at their desks this morning.

this is what they look like to begin with - have to do some folding and glueing

Another handy use for clothes pin...I really should do a post - 101 things to do with clothes pins

For the insides


Finished product!

I hope that you too have a wonderful day today!

me ke aloha.......

No comments:

Post a Comment