About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pop!

Ok so I have always been a lover of popcorn.   But lets face it.  All the microwaving in those pre made bags is not safe and is full of bad things.  Air popper you say - no I don't need yet another appliance in my kitchen.  So Dr. Oz claimed I could just put 1/4 of kernels in a brown paper bag (think of a lunch sack) and pop it in the microwave.  I use the "popcorn" setting on my microwave.  2 minutes is too long for my microwave - almost set off the fire alarm.  That bag had to go in the garage until the smell went away.  Then you dump it in a bowl and spray with some butter flavored cooking spray and sprinkle with some salt and viola! a great little treat.  There is some waste with this.....quit a few kernels left unpopped....but I'm cool with that.  Its a great healthy snack and filling to boot.


via here
If you like popcorn give it a try and I promise you will be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment