About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Super

So being that they week was a busy one G and I decided just to chill at home for the Super Bowl.  I knew it was going to be a good game but I didn't have a dog in the fight so I was fine with just hanging out at home.

We ate in "courses".

First course:
Smashed up a couple of avocados and added some cumin and salsa.  Served with some chips and a nice cold CocaCola.


not the prettiest dip but it was yummy

Second course:
Wings!  Just baked these at 375 for about 30 minutes with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.   Served with BBQ sauce & homemade ranch dressing (added some sour cream to make it thicker) and carrots and celery



Furry one LOVES carrots so that's what she was after
 
Third course:
Hot Dogs!  They are Nathan dogs - my favorite.   Cooked them in some beer.  Soaked some red onion in milk (makes them not so oniony), G grated some cheese, and sliced some tomatoes.  Yum! 



Then after the game we watched The Help. This again was one of those movies that I think you will enjoy more if you have not read the book.  If you read the book I think they missed the whole point of Skitter and her relationship to her "Nanny".  The cast however was great and really did make the movie for sure.   I would definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment