About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Easy

Ok so this is going to be brief.   But I discovered something that I don't believe I've shared and that I can't believe I didn't know (shame on those of you who did and didn't tell me).  

Did you know that if you take a chicken (preferable san's feathers and such) and put in the slow cooker on low that 6 - 8 hours later you have dinner!   Seriously how easy is that.   And it's all fall off the bone goodness. I suggest stuffing some onions in its cavity as well just for a little added flavor boost.

Then put the bones back in the slow cooker with some water and cook overnight on low and viola - chicken stock!  The only thing about this last part is that I woke up in the middle of the night and wondered who was down cooking in my chicken.   Its a little unnerving to wake up at 2 am and smell chicken goodness coming up the stairs.   So not sure I would do that again but you get the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment