About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Either Laugh or Cry

So this post was supposed to be about some fun new recipes I tried out on Sunday.  One being homemade breakfast burritos for the freezer and the other being homemade rice-a-roni.

The breakfast burritos were great!  Once I get the pictures downloaded I will be sure and do a quick post with the recipe.

That however was early in the day and as the day progressed well lets just say the roasting chicken dinner turned out to be pizza........

You see I bought a chicken at the Whole Paycheck from the butcher.  I just put it in the slow cooker when I got home. Didn't rinse it or check the cavity.  I know, I know.   And I'm sure some of you see where this is going.  Closer to dinner time I decided to try a homemade rice-a-roni recipe and after seeing many recipes on the web I decided this would be easy and actually better because I could cut the recipe in half and there wouldn't be as many "funnies" in it.  Well I cut the recipe in half.  Cut the cooking time in half.  And still managed to let the whole thing boil dry and stick to the bottom of the pan.  Really?   Good night!   Off the sink it went.   It probably was salvageable at this point but I could of cared less. Then I got out my board and went to transfer the chicken out of the pot.   So if you have ever done this you know it is near impossible to get the chicken of the pot.  It has cooked so long and slow that they whole thing breaks up in pieces.   When the cavity open out on the board you know what was there don't you?????   Yes the cute little paper bag with all the giblets!   I AM NOT THAT COOK!  And to be honest I can't believe I am admitting this to all of you.  It was a surreal moment for sure.  And the site of the whole thing made me sick so off the chicken went to the trash.  Such a waste....but oh well.   The artichoke was still bubbling along so I just finished cooking that, turned the oven onto 400 and grabbed a couple of the 365 pizzas out of the freezer.  Cheese for me and supreme for G. 

These are the meals that you just have to laugh about.  Told G I wanted to go curl up in the big plaid chair and cry and his response......go ahead.   This response and they way he said it made me laugh.  You gotta love that man.  I know I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment