About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

For the freezer

So needless to say these pictures are very old but I just found them on the camera and downloaded and thought I would still share them with you.

Before I started growing a jellybean---I had energy and spent Sunday's prepping and getting ready for the week.   Although those days are on hold - for the time being - I wanted to share this great idea for you

Breakfast Burritos for the freezer

You will need:
Tortillas - I use flour
Eggs
Turkey Sausage
Cheese - I use cheddar
Aluminum Foil

This is done best in an assembly line style.   For quantities it just depends how many burritos you are going to do.  For each tortilla you will need one egg, one sausage, and a sprinkle of cheese.   So you can do your quantities based on this.

I scramble the eggs and cook them - you can see that in the background.  As they are cooking (remember low heat to cook eggs or they will get tough) I put out the tort's and sprinkle the cheese on them.

I use the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage so you have to defrost and cook in the microwave and them slice them into small pieces
 Sprinkle a little bit of egg over the sausage and cheese and wrap them as you would a traditional burrito.
 Wrap the burrito's individually in foil and put in a pan for the freezer!
When you are ready to have one just take out of the freezer and pop in the microwave - I use the reheat button on mine and that seems to do the trick.

My caution is to eat these within the month or so.   I just think stuff like this is better eaten in a timely manner.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment