About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Artichoke

Not only did I take lemonade cake to the family reunion but I also took deviled eggs and another new dish that I can't remember what blog I found on but found the credit for the recipe here on a site called Shutterbean.

This goes in the file as something to make again as well.  Could be an appetizer, potluck dish, or side dish.

Here's the recipe:


makes 16 squares

  • 2 6oz. jars artichoke hearts
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • a dash of Tabasco
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
  • salt & pepper
  • cooking spray
Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Add the juice from one jar of artichokes to a small skillet with the onions & garlic and saute over medium high heat until onions are translucent, 4-5 minutes. Take the artichokes out of the other jar and chop them, discarding the juice. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, add the Tabasco and breadcrumbs and stir. Stir in the artichokes, onions and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool briefly. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.

Product before hitting the oven.....didn't take any "after" pics but there are some on the link that is at the top of the page

Its funny because when I took the foil off someone said - "Oh yum artichoke dip"  And I have to admit it does look a little like that.   But it is not a dip at all and is more like a frittata or something from that family.   You will want to double this recipe but no need.  It is rather rich and you can cut the squares rather small - after all people can always come back for seconds if they want.

TGIF!  

I hope the weekend if full of sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment