About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Generous

So yesterday I'm in a meeting minding my own, taking notes, trying to pay attention and not miss any action items and suddenly the meeting is over and the room is filling w/ people.   My people - the ones that weren't already in the meeting w/ me.   They just kept coming.   And then I notice everyone is looking at me smiling and they are carrying presents.   And then it hits me - this is for Jack and then I see my husband and then I start to cry. 

You see I am not one for surprises or being the center of attention and this is chocked full of both.  Jaci had planned the whole thing.   And the attendance was beyond what I would of expected.   One of my bosses wife had made homemade treats (lovely fudge type cupcake brownies w/ raspberry on top and carrot cake minis), the cafe brought in some salty treats and I sat down in front of everyone - with G at my side to open presents with all my people looking at me.   Did I mention that there were cameras?  Another thing I'm not real keen on is getting my picture taking so basically I'd won the trifecca.   Don't confuse the sarcasm with ungratefulness however.  I was beside myself.  Here were basically all my people taking time out of their very busy days to come down and celebrate me - or more importantly Lil' J - did I mention it was overwhelming?

The presents were unreal and beyond generous.  To start with Jaci had collected enough money from everyone to buy us our stroller as well as many other wonderful gifts (ear thermometer, sheets, clothes, booties, etc.) as well as a gift card and some just good ol' cash.  If I wasn't overwhelmed by the sheer attendance when I saw the stroller I was beyond.   And hence I teared up.   Its just so unreal to think of how generous people are.  

Its one of those moments where you realize you just need to sit back and take it all in.  G told me later I was funny and tired to take control of the whole thing but really one is not in the situation every day and that is what I do w/ all these people - control them.   In a nice way of course but I think you know what I mean. 

Here are some pictures that people have sent to me......

Before - the presents (thats the stroller under the purple) and you can see the treats




All in all an example of how blessed I am to work w/ the people I do.  Again their generosity is beyond what any of my expectations would ever be.  Also, so great for Jaci to arrange all this - without my knowledge - not everyone would do that for us.  So glad G was there with me - it made it all so much more easy for me. 

Also I suppose this is good practice for what will happen at the end of August......the J's shower with my friends.  


No comments:

Post a Comment