About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tough Bird

I have to say I considered myself to be a pretty good cook.  Lately however if I try to cook chicken it just doesn't seem to work out very well.   Last night is the perfect example.   I tried to make and easy baked chicken recipe I do ALL the time with a white sauce.  It's easy and I just put on some rice in the rice cooker and steam some spinach and we should be set.  Also, it's usually enough for two meals.  Perfect!  Dinner for Monday and Wednesday!  

The chicken however was dry and tough - which all chicken that I cook seems to be lately.  How in the world this happened with the white sauce on it I have no idea.    I mean I have literally cooked this dish dozens of times.  It's a "go to" as I like to call it.   Oh and the rice?   Well not quite sure what happened there but it was cooked and crunchy on the bottom.   Good night I tell ya.......

Thankfully my sweet husband is very patient and pushed the rice to the side and just ate his toast.  

I'm hoping this little trend is over after the jellybean arrives.  But who knows.   Maybe its not me and its the chicken?   Needless to say tonight we will be having taco's.  Can't mess that up.   And its perfect for me in my "don't really care for meat or chicken right now" state.   Not sure if I mentioned it but the jellybean has turned me into a vegetarian of sorts.   Don't get me wrong I still enjoy a good burger ever once in a while but at night I would be cool w/ tons of veggies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment