About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thoughtful

On Sunday the parentals showed up with wonderful things in tow!   They were going to see the play Cabaret with some friends and stopped by our house first to drop off the following:
  • Homemade spaghetti sauce (enough for two dinners)
  • Homemade zuchinni bread 
  • Homemade peanut butter cookies
  • Homemade noodle casserole
  • Herbal tea for the knocked up one
  • Orchard plant
I asked G which he would prefer for dinner that night - casserole or spaghetti - he choose spaghetti and so I wrapped up the casserole and stuck it in the freezer for next week.  I'm telling you its like gold in the bank! 

I just don't have the where with all to do all the prep on the weekends for the week like I used to and the fact that my mother showed up with food for us is beyond wonderful for me.  Its so nice to have worked all day and be on my way home and know that dinner is already ready and just needs to be warmed.  I truly try not to complain about being tired but a mother knows and my mother definitely knew and did what she could to help.   Rumor has it that lasagna and soup might be making an appearance soon as well.  

The food itself is wonderful as well.   I have had more than my fair share of the cookies.   And take some of the bread in my lunch every day.

Also, lets face it - food always taste better when someone else cooks it.  Not trying to take anything away from my mom's cooking just saying what I think everyone will agree with me on.

I know I should have pictures but to be honest that requires effort that at this point I don't have - sad I know but honest.  



In other news.......hired a housekeeper to come and help just for a couple of hours every other week.    She was scheduled for Friday and we got up and got ready for her and guess what - she never showed.   I called - nothing.  I emailed and finally heard from her the next day.    Whatever the excuse I've moved on.   Hopefully some feelers I have out for another one will work out.   Fingers and toes crossed on that one.    Part of my plan to get my ducks lined up and in a row by October.  

Finally, G finished painting the J's room this weekend!   Once we get everything set up and arranged I will take some pictures and post them.   He did a great job and even replaced the old ugly outlets and installed the dimmer switch on the overhead light.   Progress for sure!  Blessed that I have a husband that will do all these things and not complain about how hot it was or other such things.






No comments:

Post a Comment