About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

That's a wrap

So I will have to say I'm not sure if I'm nesting or just worried about how we will eat once J comes.   Might be a combination.   Might also be the fact that I really haven't cooked like I used to in months.  In any event this is what is in the freezer now.

Some of these have been in there for a while and I talked about them in a previous post found here

2 - Mongolian Beef
2 - Enchilada Casserole
3 - Baked Penne Chicken
3 - Taco Soup
2 - Cheeseburger Loaves
1 - Chicken pasta casserole from Jaci
2 - 1 pound servings of cooked and seasoned ground beef
2 - Pasta Shells
2 - Breakfast bakes
1 dozen - Blueberry muffins


I won't be included the recipes but I will have the links if you want to look at them and some pictures if I remembered to take them.

This is just part of how it all started.....we went to Costco and the store and this is everything that isn't in the fridge


Cheeseburger Boats
These are super easy to make and you would probably have most of it on had except for the evaporated milk.   Its kinda like a meatloaf sandwich.  I froze them separately so it will be two meals for us.  I screwed up making this.   Didn't read the recipe and and threw the hamburger meat in a pan to start to cook it.   Needless to say you don't cook anything.   No worries I had extra ground beef and just continued to cook the meat and now have two separate pounds of cooked ground beef in the freezer as well.  Will be perfect to take out to make tacos.   So two more meals out of a mistake
Just mix everything together 

If you are freezing you need to do some wrapping....its in the recipe

Just load everything up

This is the "mistake"  the cooked ground beef - I'm sure there will be a day I'm happy to see this


Mongolian Beef
This will be a crockpot meal and couldn't of been easier.  Just throw everything in a bag and freeze then  take out later thaw and throw in the crockpot.
Toss the meat in cornstarch

Just combine everything and throw it in a freezer bag!


Easy Unstuffed Italian Shells
This recipe calls for the creme cheese product that I believe is going to be hard to find in the future.  So if you are going to make this you might want to do so now.
The second layer

The final layers



Breakfast Bake
Gotta have something for breakfast.  I didn't use peppers or mushrooms and did add some extra cheese on the top at the end.


Taco Soup
There is nothing easier to make then this soup.   Its kinda a dump soup and anyone can make this and its always a crown pleaser

Also we have some bagels and some muffins I made for breakfast as well.  I also hope to make some homemade hot pockets for lunch.  Just need to get to Trader Joe's to get some of their pizza dough.   We will see if I get to this or not.  If I do I will let you know.
a little blurry - not sure why
I also decided to have this on the outside of the freezer so that things don't get forgotten.   Just a simple white board - nothing fancy.


I think we will be set and I know my parents and some friends will bring us some meals as well but its just good to know its all there.   Piece of mind is worth a lot after all.   


No comments:

Post a Comment