About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Splish Splash

The washer and dryer we had was ok.  Still technically working but on days when I did a lot of laundry something smelled hot - and I think it was the dryer.   Also, it was over 10  years old.  I had them at the Picadilly house and G and I have now been married 10 years and I think I lived at Picadilly for about 2-3  years.    G had a plan that he was just going to go out and buy new ones when I was in the hospital and surprise me when I got home.   Thankfully he figured that was not a good idea.   First of all as mentioned I'm not big on surprises and secondly I need a minute before J gets here to work out how to operate a new W&D.   Needless to say a couple of weeks ago I caved and we bought new ones and they were delivered yesterday!

As we speak I just put in my first load - I decided to start with towels - its an actually setting so I didn't have to figure anything else out.   Yes today is game day but I am home bound.  No more footballs games for me this year probably.   Unless we go undefeated into Civil War then I will find a way to go - after all T&R can always watch J.  I'm sad that I can't go to the game - its a perfect fall day.  But glad G still gets to go.  He is going with our house sitter and friend.   Its a our payback to him for him coming to stay with the furry one our first night in the hospital when J comes.   But I digress.....

Here's the old ones

As you can see they are really in good shape but I can't have them breaking down on me when J is two weeks old and that was something that could of happened.

G did a couple of other things as long as we were updating.  He replaced the outlet and switches so they were white and new and he replaced the shelf.   Can you see how it doesn't go exactly to the ends?   The walls aren't straight (nice) so he got a new shelf and got out his saw and made the adjustments needed so now we have a better shelf along the top.


Here are the new ones.....

LOVE THEM!  The fit perfectly and I redid my shelves above and everything still fits.

I just went and checked and it seems be working - its so quiet I keep thinking that its stopped working......




No comments:

Post a Comment