About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Pinning

There are certain things in your life that make your life easier.  I relish these things - probably more than ever.  One of those things is Pinterest.   If you aren't familiar I recommend!  You can check it out here.....

Pinterest

I must warn you however it although it helps me to keep organized on recipes and such this site is a good time waster and can be very addictive.   It's kind of one of those things that you go to when you want to procrastinate about other things in your life that you should be doing.  That being said I also find it very helpful to organize certain things.

Recipes - I used to think that I would remember where a recipe was on the wonderful world wide web. I thought if I just bookmarked the site on my blog (see the left hand side) that I would remember where the recipe was and be able to find.   As you may of guessed this didn't work out like I thought it was going to.  I spent the better part of a day looking for a lemonade cake once.  I had seen it in the early summer and was going to take it to our family reunion.   But when I went to the blog I thought it was on it wasn't there - UGH - and after searching through some of the other blogs I finally did a google search and was able to find it.   I also have a couple of three ring binders with sections and a lot of recipes.   This works to pull stuff out of magazines or print things I see but lets be honest - I don't every really go through those to look for ideas.  Organizing recipes on Pinterest however is a dream.  I have all my categories - Dinner, Sweets, Veggies, etc. and I just "pin" any recipes I find.   Then when I go to plan the weeks meals or I'm going somewhere where I want to take something I just go onto my "boards" and browse through things.   Then if I makes something I'm not crazy about I can just go in and delete the recipe - easy as pie!  And being able to have pictures to look at is great as well.

Boards - if you aren't familiar you probably wonder what I mean by "Boards".   These are basically the folders of Pinterest.   I have quite a few boards.   I have one for most rooms in the house - Kitchen, Living Room, Family Room, etc. where I can put pictures of things I came across for inspiration later.  I also have Crafty and DIY boards for different projects of inspiration.  I've already mentioned that I use it for recipe filing so probably the final collection of boards to mention would be holidays.   I have recently been adding to the Valentines Day but have them for pretty much every holiday.

Now granted this site crashes or goes away I've lost everything and I have thought about it but it doesn't really bother me - after all what are the odds?

Oh and also you can follow your friends and see what the "pin" on their "boards".

Really it will all make better sense if you go and look at my boards so feel free to join me here

Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment