About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Recipe Recap

So far this week we've had two hits and one miss and to honest I'm cool with that.  Not every recipe is going to be a winner and I'm just happy to be out there trying some new things.  Also, this week I remembered why I hate to cook with pork.  Hate that's a strong word maybe just that cooking with pork is not relaxing.....

The Hits!
This is the pork chops in "shake and bake", delicata squash and smashed potatoes.  

This is the deconstructed enchilada recipe found here
Heads up seven up because I changed the recipe after I did the post for the week.  I decided I liked this one better.  I still might make the other one some day but I was glad I made this.  
It was a HUGE hit and it made a lot.  Enough for two dinners and then some lunches for later for the freezer.
I pretty much followed the recipe but  next time I will put the olives inside.  I didn't think about them until I had it all in the casserole.   Also I used canned corn (rinsed and drained) instead of frozen because that's what I had on hand.  A little garnish of tomatoes and you are good to go!

The Miss!
This was not a hit but to be fair I did stray a little from the recipe.   I used turkey tenderloins instead of chicken and I didn't have Bisquick but I had Belgium waffle mix so I used that.   Mistakes on both ends.   The turkey has a different texture and the mix made them almost sweet (G thought I was baking brownies).   The roasted broccoli and homemade ranch dressing made up for it a little though.   Great thing was that you could cook the chicken and the broccoli on the same big cookie sheet/jelly roll pan.   Less mess!  One tip I liked that I would take and maybe try again is to spray the chicken on both sides with cooking spray.  I great way to help them brown without adding extra fat.

Also, some randomness for this week.  This is a picture of my lunch one day.   Its leftover delicate, pork, corn, and a little feta.   It was tasty and didn't make me feel yucky later on.   We've all had those lunches where you make bad choices and then you don't feel so great (think I did that today).

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment