About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Recipe Recap


So I believe I owe you an update of how things worked out last week so here goes......

The tater tot casserole?  Well it rocked!   I'm adding it to my list of white trash foods that are great comfort foods....

It made a lot though - plenty for two dinners and a couple of lunches.  I pretty much followed the recipe exactly and can't really think of anything I would change in the future.



Spaghetti.....
This is what I do when time is limited....
  
Start by cooking 1 lb of chicken italian sausage (I like this better than pork for many reasons and if you live in Portland New Seasons Market makes a great one)

After the sausage is cooked remove from the pan and add one rough chopped onion. 
Saute the onion until soft
If you are going to add mushrooms add them at this point and cook them until soft
Pour in one small jar of pre-made pasta sauce (I use Trader's Joes but any will do)
Add sliced olives
Add a can of stewed tomatoes
Sprinkle in a little sugar
Add a splash of wine
Add some italian herbs - dry or fresh (remember is you use dry to rub them in your hands first)
Let the whole thing simmer along for a least a couple of hours.  
Cook some pasta and your set! (remember to salt the water once it boils but don't add oil to the water or the noodles after you drain them - the sauce won't stick) 



Chicken wings......
Just used a basic Lawry's 30 minute Sesame Ginger marinade - a great pantry basic that you should always have on hand

All in all this week was a success and made the week run much more smoothly having a plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment