About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stew

Last week I made a departure from the plan and threw together a stew one day.

G will eat this but I forget he is never truly thrilled with eating it twice in one week.  No worries as I divided the leftovers into small containers and put them in the freezer for lunches.

No picture - sorry I forgot....you will just have to take my word it was tasty!


Beef Barley Stew

2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry vermouth
1/2 cup water
1 onion rough cut
3 carrots finely chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup barley (I would maybe add a cup next time)
1 lb beef stew cut up in smallish pieces

Throw everything in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.   Yes you could brown the meat first but lets be honest here part of the joy of slow cooking is only having one pan dirty.   Also, who has the time for browning.  

Served with a salad and some rolls fresh from the oven!

Bon Appétit 

No comments:

Post a Comment