About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back to reality


Today is the last day of my vacation.......

From previous posts you know that it didn't start out so wonderful but sickness is all part of the game.

We had a fun time at the beach.   The first day was spent with the grandparents and lunch at Mo's and from there we just settled in to a couple of days at "Mermaid Cottage".   Just great to be back after being away for a year.  Didn't actual get J down on the sand.   The timing never seemed to work and I'm trying hard not to force things to happen just to have the moment or to have the picture.  This is a very easy trap to fall into.   I think being still a little weak from the sickness is helping me to live more in the moment and not over do everything. We found a fun new lunch spot in taft Hwy 101 Burger which I would highly recommend.   This place is nothing fancy but the food is tasty, inexpensive, and fresh.
J at Mo's
J at Hwy 101 Burgers

The rest of the week was spent at home.   We took J to daycare on Thursday and took the time to get a little caught up on some things and enjoy a nice lunch on the lake.  It was weird to be without him though and just out the two of us.   We missed him but it was nice to have a little break.  J had a wellness check up on Friday and everything seems to be tracking.   Also, have J on a new feeding routine and he seems to be working and this might give me some time in the morning to do my yoga or walk.....time will tell.

Back to the salt mines tomorrow.........thankful to have a job.   Was nice to have a break - my first one since my leave - and looking forward to the next one in October.  Until then back to the day to day and everything that entails - the good, the bad, and the tiring......

And the journey continues..........

No comments:

Post a Comment