About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

sick, sick, sick.......

So I don't believe I've ever been sicker, more sick, sickly, in my whole life.......

It started on Tuesday and to be honest I should of gone home as soon as I got done with my meeting.  But I just chalked it up to be tired - because I was so very tired and have been for a while.  But then on the way home I threw up in the car at a stop sign.   TMI?   Well lets just say I didn't even do that when I was pregnant.   But to be honest I took a little better care of me and the babe when I was pregnant.   G had to work late so I went and got J and luckily he was a good guy and went to bed without incident.   Wednesday I was out for the count.  Thursday was a little better but I still wasn't really able to eat but I worked from home for part of the day.  Friday I still wasn't able to eat so I called the advice nurse.   After telling her all the gory details (which I will not share here) she informed me I had a viral intestinal infection that could last 5 - 7 days.  UGH!  You see I was supposed to be going to the beach on Saturday.  I haven't been in over a year.   And we had our family reunion on Sunday and everyone is expecting me to show up with J.   So I was hoping for a miraculous recovery.  It wasn't looking good though, I was weak - very weak, and the house well lets just say its very obvious what gets done by me around here because I wasn't able to do anything.   Couldn't even carry my baby up the stairs.....

Its Sunday and I'm sitting on my couch..........

No beach and no family reunion.........

Lesson learned?  I hope so.  We will see.  I've been running on all cylinders and thought I had it under control.  Apparently not.  I truly believe had I not been so tired this would not of hit me like a sledgehammer.  I truly don't think I'm trying to be superwomen but I do remember on Monday thinking that I couldn't believe how tired I was and it was only Monday.

Good news?  I've lost 10 pounds!  How's that for glass half full?  And I'm on vacation this week so we are still hoping to get to the beach for a couple of nights.   Would love to smell that ocean air.


No comments:

Post a Comment