About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Planning

Hard to believe but in a little over a month my little pickle is going to be ONE!  How in the world did that happen?

As we speak I am knee deep in planning the bash to celebrate.   This will probably be the last big bash for him for a while.   Don't plan to do big bday parties for him every year.

It's a Baby Luau - the tradition that every good respecting hawaiian family does when the babe turns one.   It was a celebration of sorts that the baby made it to the one year mark as sadly many did not in the old days.  I consider it a celebration of surviving the first year.   A dear friend said this when her little one turned one and I didn't really understand......now I do......

I have set a budget for myself and I think I'm going to come pretty close (T&R are going to help a little as well so that will help).

I came to the realization this past week that I am going full board on the catering.......and as I trade off I will make cupcakes.   I just couldn't find a bakery I wanted to use or a price I wanted to pay.   This is a birthday party not a wedding after all.  I will of course make a small smash cake for him as well.  And I will also make sugar cookies in the shape of a one.   This will be a tradition going forward to make cookies for his birthday with the number he is - fun times.

Things I'm crafting.....

  • Cupcake toppers
  • Food tent cards
  • Wreath for the door
  • Goody bag/treat for the kiddos
Did I mention I have invited 50 people?  What in the world was I thinking?  Surely not everyone will come right?  (haven't had one person say they aren't at this point)  But there truly wasn't someone on the list that I would take off - actually there were a couple others I wish I could of invited but when you add husbands and littles it all adds up quickly..... Not sure where everyone is going to fit?   Pray (pray hard) that the weather is nice and people can spill out onto the deck.   And really not everyone will come at the same time right?   Just let me live in that little world ok?   If this is the only thing I have to worry about then I think we are doing ok....

And there will be a take away.  I can't have a party and not have a take away.   I know what I'm making but will keep that to myself until after.

Should be fun times and we will be more than ready for our vacation the week after the big bash.......

Pics of the bash as well as the crafts I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment