About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Friday, August 30, 2013

To market to market......

No I'm not buying a fat pig......if you don't get it ......look here

But seriously we have had a WONDERFUL summer.   The month of July and most of August has had NO measurable rain.   This means that most Friday afternoon since it's opened we have been able to go to our local farmers market.   We go by daycare after work pick up JT and head on over.   Our market is small and I'm just fine with that.   It is around our "lake".  They are other markets around town that are huge and that to me is just silly.   We have a little bit of everything.......honey, wine, beef, cupcakes, kettle korn, flowers, veggies, gyro's, pizza, tamales, local rotating stuff like theaters, handmade pasta, bakery, soaps.....

My favorite farm is Lee Farm.  They are wonderful and save me a dozen eggs just in case I get caught at work and can't get there on time.   They also have wonderful pies and donuts along with a nice little assortment of veggies.  The bubba is one to sniff the basket when we get home in hopes of there being some donuts in there and if that's the case she stands guard at the counter where they sit. 
Starting this weekend I am only getting their veggies.  I have always started there and then filled  in at the other stand but to be honest the other stands veggies just aren't that good.   Couldn't eat the celery I got there last week it was so bitter.  

There is also some local music up on the grassy knoll.   Usually just someone with an instrument, mic stand, and a speaker.

To be honest there have been a couple of Friday's that we have been in and out quickly because its just been tooooo hot.   Poor veggies do not like that weather either.  And I hate to have the babe out in that.  And lately with everything going on we haven't made it in a while but I'm counting on going this Friday........

Its funny how at the market last summer I was pregnant, this summer JT is in his car seat in the stroller, and next summer he will either be in his stroller or walking along side us.

There are only a couple left and I will miss this little Friday evening tradition.......

Oh and make this......trust me......its all you need for a great light summer supper.....its the kind of recipe that will inspire me to freeze some summer corn before it is too late.....

No comments:

Post a Comment