About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Friday, November 1, 2013

More tricks than treats....

We've started a new daycare and things seem to be going pretty well for the most part.  I have been waiting however for the shoe to drop.  What shoe you ask?   The "these aren't germs we are used to" shoe.    And it did.........just in time for Halloween.  Pickle has pretty much been sleeping for the last two days.  He gets up to eat - a little, and play - a little, and love on the bubba.  Today was better than yesterday but he still is a puny pickle.  We were all set for the harvest party at daycare on Wednesday.   We were taking apple juice and mini pumpkins and Nana and Grampy were going to come up.   And we had our costume all ready.   But alas on Wednesday he pretty much slept on everyone at daycare until I could get there.   We went to the doctor that afternoon and got all checked and he checked out fine.   Ears, chest, throat all clear.   No fever.   Just puny and and tired.   The only thing we could think was some kind of stomach thing.  So we have spent the last two days trying to rest and get better.  

Good news?   Pickle doesn't really know when Halloween is.  So once we get better we will put on our costume play with our pumpkin and watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  Also, mom is getting lots of good snuggles and hugs.   Nothing like a good snuggle with my pickle.......it makes up for the throw up.

Oh I failed to mention we have thrown up twice.   Once all over me and him and the family room and the kitchen.   Poor thing.   It scares them so bad at this age.   Bubba got to the kitchen floor before I did.     I know, I know, to much information.   The second bout was today right about the same time.   It was at this point I realized I wasn't going to Corvallis to watch SC play my Beavers.  A game I had been looking forward to all year that we had arranged for the babysitter a couple of months ago.   But just like there will be more harvest parties and Halloween trick or treating......there will be more games.  

So I sit here on the couch, watching the game on the big screen, and my sweet pickle sleeping on the small screen......

Here's hoping tomorrow is an even better day and that my sweet boys smile and giggle comes back......and we can see Linus disappoint poor Sally one more time......


No comments:

Post a Comment