About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, November 4, 2013

One!


As hard as it is to believe my baby is no longer a baby and is officially a toddler!

We had a baby luau for him at the beginning of the month and we could not of asked for a better day!
We had it at the house which limited the amount of people we could invite.  I wish we could of invited more and had I'd known the day would be so wonderful we could of - as people were able to spill out on the back lanai.

Anyway I digress.....

These are the cupcake toppers I made!  I had the stickers that matched the invites.  I just purchased a round paper cutter some thicker card stock and some toothpicks and viola!  



G had to make and frost the cupcakes as I was actually very sick......was able to rally the day of but the day before I was down for the count

Here is the finished product!  I also made a smaller "smash" cake for J. 



He had a ton of fun and people were very generous with their gift giving as well.  From OSU gear to books, to stuffed friends to a little rocking chair with his name on it!



I also made this!   It is a grape vine wreath with cocktail umbrellas!  Thank you Pinterest!

Thank goodness for catering and housekeepers or this day would probably not of happened.   I figure if you are having over 12 people you should cater.   The food was raved about.   We did it simple - teri chicken, mac salad, steamed rice, and pineapple.   For drinks we had water, beer, hard lemonade, and wine.   And for the littles I had apple juice packets.  Also, for the littles I did take away gifts.  I ordered beach buckets and filled them with bubbles, a mini recorder,  and two mini beach balls.   Fun to be able to give them all a little something to take home.  I know it can be hard when you are younger to see one person get all the gifts.  The take away for the adults I was going to do - pineapple relish - did not however happen but I really don't think it was expected or missed.

G asked if we were going to do this every year.....uh no......

Next year I plan something small - just family.

And for the next couple of years I plan small.   As J gets older and wants to have a little friend or friends to do something we will.   But lets face it - this was more a celebration of surviving the first year........






No comments:

Post a Comment