About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Peanut....peanut butter.....

So apparently this is the week of peanut butter.   Bubba of course was thrilled and never left my side when I was cooking and the jar was out on the counter.  Pickle not so sure about PB although he did like the soup.

This week consisted of Spaghetti (actually made w/ mild pork sausage this time) and the recipe below.

Chicken Satay Soup

here

Will probably not make this again.....

It was very heavy for a soup.   The second night we had it I made a big pot of rice and we had it over that and it was much better.

The flavor however are wonderful!   I would maybe do a little less PB though as it was a little on the sweet side.

I would also not put the chicken in but layer it on the top so it doesn't get lost.







And in the spirit of PB week I also made these

No bake PB Bars
here

These are super easy to make and are good as well.

I will say however they crumble.  I figured it was easier to just leave them in the pan on the counter.

I cut out some for G and I to take to work every morning.

Will make these again for sure and might add raisins next time.









Not sure what the theme will be for next week yet....stay tuned ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment