About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Get in the pool!

So we are on vacation in a place that has multiple pools......yes pools......and this would normally strike fear in my very soul.   Then I realized I don't give a flying...................

In the mist of trying to loose some weight before we would leave there was an article that was flying around the internet and social media and she is so right.

Huffington Post - Mom's put on that swimsuit

Here's the deal - no matter what size you are you are never going to be the smallest or the largest girl at the pool.  This was once again true at the pool yesterday.  And honestly do you know any of these people?   Will you see any of them ever again?  Probably not.    (Granted there is that small possibility that you will run into that long lost love that you haven't seen in 30 years or 30 pounds but the odds on that are very very small)

Bottom line I want to have memories with Pickle.  He is little so he may not remember how we splashed in the pool and he laughed and laughed and laughed.  But I will.   I'm glad I have the pictures I do from our time in Hawaii last fall - I look at those pictures and see that big smile on Pickle's face and I'm glad I was a participant not standing on the sidelines fully clothed.  I waited a long, long time for this little guy and I want to give him all I got.

Am I still trying to loose weight.  You betcha.  And I as soon as Pickle gets up from his nap I'm going to put him in the stroller and walk my buns off.  The weather is perfect and there are a ton of walking/bike paths where we are.  


And the journey continues....................

No comments:

Post a Comment