About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

List

I am such a list maker.  It's almost funny.   Every Friday I make a couple of lists for home.  One is a list of what I need to accomplish over the weekend and the other is a grocery store list.

I think there are two reasons why they are so helpful to me.

1.  Sometimes one can get really caught up in "all there is to do" but in reality it might not be that bad.    There are times when I thought I all these things to do and I would never get them done.  Reality -- there wasn't that many things in the big scheme of things. 

2.  You get to cross things off!  I mean really what is a better feeling than that!   Am I alone here?  

On Sunday night is everything crossed off my list - ummm no.  But that's not really my goal.   I just want to make sure I did most of it and the stuff that didn't get done can move onto the next weekend.   But I can look it and realize I'm so exhausted because of what I did accomplish.

Pickle usually has his own list.  If he wants something (cupcakes) or wants to do something (go to the park) during the week when we just don't have time we make a list of what we want to do for the weekend and put it on the list.   He loves this!   And its a fun way for him to choose some things he wants to do for the weekend.   Also, interesting to see what he says.  He is old enough to know our routine.   "Store mama?"  Yep we go to the grocery store every Saturday morning.   "Park momma?"   As long as its not raining we are at one of the parks in our neighborhood every weekend as well.  And if we can remember we look back at it on Sunday afternoon and look at everything we have done!

I also always have at least one list going at work. That list is important for a different reason though.   I get interrupted a lot at work - part of the gig - so I could be working on something and all of a sudden I'm taken away to work on something else.   If I have my list to refer back to then stuff doesn't get lost in the shuffle. 



And the journey continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment