About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

And the winner is.....


Not too bad of a picture considering it came from my phone.  I have one on the camera I will download someday.  Anywho these are the fabric finalist!  I know I said here that it was going to be seaglass inspired but then I fell in love w/ this fabric.  I might still have some greenish accents for pillows and such we shall see.  Or I might leave the red accents in the room. 

I am absolutely in love w/ the flower print. 
Currently it is going to be curtains and I'm thinking of covering a whole wall w/ this print. The smaller wall behind the desk for those of you who have seen my family room.

The smaller piece that is the floral is going to be the ottoman at this point and I'm not sure about the geometric.  Joann's is having a big fabric sale this weekend and I'm only ordering the big flower print - plus the other one comes the Mill End store.

Here are some pics of some of the loser's

I however need a sewing machine.   Also, when I tell people about what I'm going to do - repurpose a oversized chair & ottoman, make curtains, and cover a wall in fabric - they all get the same look on their face.   Its not one of admiration - more horror.  Shaunna said if any of her friends could do these things it would be me or the other Amy.  I think that's a compliment.  So onward and upward.  The other Amy thinks I can do - said she would give me tips.   I have a three day weekend this weekend so if I can get the flower fabric for the Mill End store I'm starting on the ottoman.  My favorite fabric will have to be ordered which will give me some time to get a sewing machine and do a little research on sewing curtains.  It can't be that hard can it?  Oh wait I probably need the sewing machine for the ottoman repurpose - ummmm - better start the research on those things straight away.

Stay tuned.........


No comments:

Post a Comment